Monday, May 30, 2016

31 Day Blog Challenge - A Slight Deviation

So.. the list I've been working from isn't the same as the one I posted... oops! Oh Well. I suppose this means that you as my reader get a little extra inside information about me. I've never been one to actually follow directions. I kind of tend to do my own thing, as long as I end up with the same results. So... the alternate Day 3 "About my Business Name" got done, Let's tackle the one that's actually ON my list...

My favorite quote.

This rotates. Sometimes daily. What fits me today might not fit me tomorrow; c'est la vie! I think though, the most enduring favorite quote that settles in my memory on a regular basis is by Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission."



I grew up in an environment where I was constantly reminded of how far I fell short of older sisters, either in fashion, looks or grades. And all I really wanted to be was nerdy lil' ol' me. I wasn't a stellar student, but I loved to learn. I wasn't one of the pretty girls, I had unruly curls and acne. I was Hermione Granger, long before the books were conceived of. I was me.

It took me another 20 years to fully embrace that. And another 10 years to be able to say "This is who I am. Love it or leave it, I'm not changing who I am for anyone."

No one can make me feel inferior without my permission, and I'm not giving anyone permission ever again. Thank you, Eleanor Roosevelt. From one awkward, less than gorgeous (outwardly) woman to another, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment