Monday, May 30, 2016

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 6 - My 5 Senses Right Now and 3 Personality Traits I'm Proud Of

Wow! What disparate topics!

Today's topics are "My 5 Senses Right Now"and "Three Personality Traits I'm Proud Of."

So, what am I experiencing right now?
(not my first post about using our senses.. check out an older post here)

  • Hearing: I'm listening to "Till I Collapse" by Eminem. Got my ear buds in, and I can vaguely hear my daughter singing to herself as she plays in the next room. Freedom (my dog) just joined me, and wandered back out to the living room, apparently I'm boring today... or at least not cuddle worthy just yet. I told him it's bath day, so I'm not his favorite person.
  • Taste: I can still taste my pomegranate green tea that I had this morning. I'm finishing up the green tea I have in the cupboard now, and then switching to herbal tea. Caffeine is okay, but I'm finding that the more I honor my hunger and my body's needs (check out my post on Intuitive Eating and my guilty pleasures here), the less I want caffeine. Mostly, I just crave something hot to drink first thing in the morning, and I can get more variety with herbal teas.
  • Sight: Obviously, I'm watching my computer screen, though just beyond that, I can see outside, and have been watching the weather try to decide if it's going to be a warm sunny day or overcast and humid. Welcome to living by the beach!
  • Touch: My toes are freezing. but I know that if I toss a blanket over them, they'll be sweating in a few minutes. So they'll be cold. My fingers are a little cold, too, mostly because they're flying over the keys in a flurry of blog posting this morning. Again, they'll warm up when I start doing something else here in a bit.
  • Smell: Our apartment smells clean this morning, probably because we just changed the sheets and laundry is hanging to dry in the living room. Yummy. I think there may still be a hint of garlic in the air from last night underneath the laundry detergent, but I can't quite be sure.
  • Intuition: Oh, I know I've done the 5 basics, but this is one I'm learning to use more and more, in addition to the other 5. I'm working my way through Elle North's Wisdom Within course, and loving every minute of it. I can't be entirely sure, but I have a hunch (haha) that you'll meet my Intuitive Self somewhere along our journey. She's quite playful and eerily wise and observant, so she's definitely worth knowing.
Three personality traits I'm proud of...

  1. Honesty: I believe there is almost always a kind way to share the truth as I see it. My truth may not be the same as your truth, but it's truth all the same. We can agree to disagree. We might agree to go our separate ways. But I don't believe that hard feelings need to be the result, nor that we need to smear each other all over social media. 
  2. Professional: Even in my personal dealings, I think there's a right way and a wrong way to do things. My style happens to be as friendly and professional as I can be. Yeah, I have less than stellar moments that disappoint even me, but I can still moderate my own words and actions to put my best foot forward. After all, who deserves my best self more than the people that put up with me when I'm less than my best?
  3. Creative: I am a creatrix-I create my own world, literally. I play in a game called Second Life, where my husband and I own a store that we fill with the things we build and create. I own a budding business that I am creating from the ground up. I create my own jewelry that I wear (I'm wearing a new wrap bracelet I finished over the weekend made with blue gold-stone and clear glass), and crochet cotton shopping bags that last for-ever! My biggest challenge right now is creating a space to list all the cool stuff I've been creating for the last few years so that I can share them with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment