Friday, August 26, 2016

Blog Challenge Day 17: My Most Proud Moment and Favorite Childhood Book

Since yesterday's post was so long, today's will be a bit quicker. On the list I posted back in my Intro for this challenge, Day 17 is "My Most Proud Moment" but I've already done that one, so we'll move on to "My Favorite Childhood Book" instead of repeating.


Let's just cut to the chase here:

I've been having a love affair with books since I was really young. Like, 2 and 3  years old young. Like, before I can remember, young.

I remember reading my mom's nursing textbooks at 6.

I remember memorizing This is the House that Jack Built.

Our neighbors gave us copies of old Dick and Jane books to go with the ones my mom let me read from her childhood.

But my all-time, bestest favoritest read-it-to-me-again and again and again and again book?

The Pokey Little Puppy


There was just something about this crazy little dog that couldn't keep his nose out of trouble that fascinated me. And his mommy wouldn't let him have dessert when he wasn't very good, either. Totally empathized with his plight right there!

My copy ended up going to my little brother and sister years and years ago, but I still love his round little face and am so thrilled that this book is still in print. I'll have to add it to my collection for the grandkids we're sure to have someday (did I mention we have 6 kids between my husband and I? Pretty sure our odds of having grandkids aren't too bad).

It's been happily ever after for me and my love affair with books ever since.

Anyway... thank you for joining me on another little peek into my life. If you're enjoying the series, head over to my Facebook page and let me know, or just comment below!

If you'd like to start from the beginning, you can find the Intro here.

Are you a blogger, just starting a blog, or maybe just wanting to do something different for a while, and you'd like to use this challenge as well? Awesome-sauce! Please feel free to use this challenge for your own blog, but do so ethically. Give credit to your sources (whichever list you decide to go with.. I goofed and ended up with two lists by mistake), and then hop over to my Facebook page and let me know that you're doing this challenge, too, so we can all follow along!

Until next time; live large, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment