Friday, August 12, 2016

Blog Challenge - Day 8 - What's in my Handbag & An Old Photo of Me?

I ended up taking an unscheduled break from blogging (yet again) over the summer due to--well, due to craziness that was just unforeseen. Now that we've got the kiddo rolling on her learning schedule (aka: Homeschool), I'm getting some things I've been neglecting back on track, starting with the blog. Today, we're picking back up with day 8 of the challenges that I'm doing in tandem. We're cleaning out my purse, and digging up old photos of me.

So, let's get started!

Guess it's time to clean out the ol' purse today. It's time. I'm a mom, so I have a tendency to hoard napkins and receipts.

So, what's in my purse? Let's start by clarifying that I do not own a "handbag" (I promise mine never looks as neat as the photo you see!). Because we walk everywhere, or take a bus, I have a cross body purse that is nice and compact; the added benefit here is that I have to declutter it frequently 'cause it just ain't got the room for clutter, baby!

What's in the bag then? Let's see:
  • Three library cards (yes, three!)
  • Debit card
  • State ID
  • Insurance cards
  • a small handful of my business cards
  • a few business cards from new contacts
  • a short pencil
  • two receipts
  • my keys
  • doggie poop bags
  • my physical therapy schedule for this month
  • a pair of gloves
  • some napkins, just in case (I did warn you... what can I say?)
And you want an old photo of moi? Umm... okay. I've warned you previously that I was Hermoine Granger before the world had met her. These are the only photos I dare share-I'd be the tall one in both photos, including the hideous magenta satin thing in the bottom photo. My mother made the dress in the top photo, and I honestly loved it, minus the insane LA August heat that I had to wear it in. She also made my younger sister's dresses in both photos. Quite the talented seamstress, she is.

If you'd like to read previous posts in this challenge, head on over to the blog's homepage here, and check 'em out! If you're having fun reading these, and you'd like to do this challenge on your own blog, let me know down in the comments. I'd love to check out your own responses to these questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment